● The fastest company-opening process in Brazil, up to 9 days, through JUCEMG
● The best business school of Latin America – Fundação Dom Cabral is in Belo Horizonte
Production of semiconductors
● The largest and most modern semiconductor factory in the southern hemisphere – UNITEC.
Second Largest Consumer Market in Brazil
● Minas Gerais is in the Southeast region of Brazil, which has 49% of the Brazilian consumer market, and is expected to reach 3.9 trillion BRL in 2016.
● Minas Gerais is the second largest consumer market in Brazil, at 10.41% of the country, with a potential of over 400 billion BRL in 2016.
Second Largest Car Manufacturer in Brazil
● Factories of FIAT, Mercedes and IVECO.
●The largest and most advanced Aircraft Maintenance Center in Latin America is in the Belo Horizonte airport, in Confins.
● Helibrás, in Itajubá, is the only helicopter plant in South America.
● IAS provides aircraft maintenance solutions in partnership with Rolls Royce
Largest road system and second largest railroad system in Brazil
● The only locomotive factories of Brazil, GE and Progress Rail Services, are in Minas Gerais
● Easy access to the main Brazilian ports and availability of international flights to significant destinations
● 2nd place in education according to the competitive ranking of 2015
● Largest number of public universities in the country
● Three of the ten best universities in Brazil are in Minas Gerais
Second largest exporting state in Brazil
● Largest exporter of coffee and iron ore
Third largest GDP among the Brazilian states
● Largest national producer of steel, iron ore, niobium, gold and zinc
● Largest cement producer in Brazil
Five Inland Customs Stations
● The Inland Customs Stations - Dry Ports - in Minas Gerais are in the cities of Betim, Uberaba, Uberlândia, Juiz de Fora and Varginha
● Funding for the innovation of products and the implementation and extension of companies in Science parks.
● Fostering of the high technology industry with the participation of CODEMIG in new businesses that are considered strategic by government.
● Large companies, such as Totvs, Novo Nordisk, Fiat and Google have research and development centers in Minas Gerais.
Incentives to the IT sector
● MGTI – a program to encourage the information technology sector in Minas Gerais. The program seeks to create new businesses in the sector, fostering the creation, acceleration, merging and acquisition of companies.
● SEED - Minas Gerais government Program to Foster Start-Ups. It is made up of seed capital to fund projects, provide personalized mentoring and co-working space.
● Belo Horizonte hosts one of the main and most promising start-up communities of Brazil.
Life Sciences and Biotechnology Hub
● Second largest life sciences and biotechnology hub in Brazil
● Largest world hub of zebu genetics
● Largest Brazilian producer of coffee and milk
● Largest horse herd, and second largest cattle herd in Brazil
● Largest irrigated agricultural area in Latin America – Jaíba Project
● Second largest sugar producer in Brazil
Public-Private Partnership Program (PPP) with international awards
● PPP contracts in Minas Gerais are ranked by the World Bank among the best examples of best practices in PPP funding in America